Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

153 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What is the sharp pain in the arch of my foot?

Answered by
Dr. Suresh Heijebu

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2010

Answered : 3564 Questions

Posted on Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: This is for a podiatrist: In 2007, I tripped and almost fell of the second or third of five steps I the garage. The hurt foot was my left one. I experienced limpimping but when asked my doctor, a reason for limping and pain was never given, and I was never sent to the proper type of doctor, a podiatrist, to have it checked out. Over the past 10 years or so, the pain has never left me and with a plethora of other medical issues I have been dealing with throughout the years, I finally made a breakthrough with a new diagnosis in late November, inpatient rehabilitation for walking through Dec 6, and currently in outpatient rehabilitation at a hospital. But the pain in the arch of my left foot still persists, as well as discoloration of that part of the sole, and numbness and tingling in my toes and upper foot area? What is wrong with my foot, Drs.?
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible reflex sympathetic dystrophy

Detailed Answer:
Hello Madam

I can certainly understand your concern and the amount of suffering that you are going through.

As per your symptoms, the possibility of reflex sympathetic dystrophy of the left foot is high in view of past history of trauma.

Sickle cell Disease might have been a significant additional contributer to your current symptoms.

It's extremely important to get an MRI SCAN OF THE AFFECTED FOOT to determine further course of action.

Likewise it's advisable to upload images of the discoloration of the skin for a better understanding.

Instead of a podiatrist, it's advisable to consult an orthopaedic surgeon in person with the test reports to determine further course of action.

Review with reports to determine further course of action.

Post your further queries if any
Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on