What is the risk of HIV with non penetrative sex?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi doctor. I had a body to body massage with a girl yesterday and we both were naked. There was no penetration by the way but after the massage she gave me a hand job. I don't have any cuts or wounds on body. Am I at risk of hiv or any stds. Please suggest. I am scared. Can I use any medicine for prevention. Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic

I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query and I have understood it.

Handjob is not a risk factor for acquiring HIV or any other STD's. I think you are absolutely safe.

Be well and stay healthy!! Always practice safe sex.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 2 minutes later
will the naked body massage can cause any problem?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Not at all, unless you had penetration, which can lead to fluid exchange between the two.