What is the risk of HIV after oral sex without protection?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hi i Had sex with 9 Escorts till now....but i never cum on any one's of the vagina even i'm having a condom. But i had an oral sex with condom with 7 escorts and one escorts has made a oral sex on me without condom. Though i had no cum into her mouth she after done a mastrubution. This had been done for about 50 days back. And for one more escorts as i was sucking her boobs so sort of liquid came out and i had consumed for twice may i know what is it and this has been done for about 7 days back. But maximum i had received a hand job from every escort. Is there any chances of having STD's or HIV as was concern about it. I had not seen any symptoms till now.
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Matin Ahmad Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Minimal risk for HIV and STDs

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting the question.I am Dr Matin,and will be answering your question.

Bottom line is HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles.

Even though oral sex carries a lower risk of HIV transmission than other sexual activities, the risk is not zero. It is difficult to measure the exact risk because people who practice oral sex may also practice other forms of sex during the same encounter. When transmission occurs, it may be the result of oral sex or other, riskier sexual activities, such as anal or vaginal sex.

If the person receiving oral sex has HIV, their blood, semen, pre-seminal fluid, or vaginal fluid may contain the virus. If the person performing oral sex has HIV, blood from their mouth may enter the body of the person receiving oral sex through the lining of the urethra (the opening at the tip of the penis), vagina, cervix, or anus, or through cuts and sores.

Several factors may increase the risk of HIV transmission through oral sex, including oral ulcers, bleeding gums, genital sores, and the presence of other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
There is minimal risk for getting infected with Chlamydia, Gonorrhea , HPV NGU (Non -gonococcal Urethritis), syphilis, Herpes , Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and HIV when unprotected oral sex (fellatio) is performed on a male by an HIV infected person

HIV can be transmitted from an HIV-infected mother to her infant via breastfeeding. This is due to many factors, including the quantity of breast milk and the underdeveloped immune system of babies. For adults breast-milk HIV transmission remains only a hypothetical risk. That risk would be dependent on the amount of virus in the infected milk, quantity ingested, presence of cuts or sores on the oral mucous membranes, Overall the risk of an adult like you, contracting HIV from nipple sucking would be extremely low , more so in your case since you are not sure yourself whether the escort's breast fluid was milk indeed.

So 'condoming' each and every act of sexual activity is always recommended

Hope this helps. Be safe and happy
You can revert with any query if you think so.

Follow-up: What is the risk of HIV after oral sex without protection? 10 hours later
Thank-you for your answer DOC. So can i get my blood results exactly which i had already given and it gonna come on tuesday. Is that fine or does it need to give the test once again. As i had not seen any symptoms on my body.

Answered by Dr. Matin Ahmad Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to retest for HIV at 90 days

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your response. Yes, You can go to collect your reports . I guess it includes tests for HIV as well. For final confirmation for HIV , as per protocol , you will need to test again at 90 days post -exposure . HIV can't be judged by symptoms. As stated , risk at your scenario is minimal , but not zero. Hope it answers your query.
Be safe and happy.

Follow-up: What is the risk of HIV after oral sex without protection? 20 hours later
thank-you for the reply doc. And One more thing i had seen a some small pink bumps or spots that are on the head of my Penis. I don't know what they are too and they have been increased from since 2 days. Very tiny spots and was NOT swelling or nothing.

Answered by Dr. Matin Ahmad Khan 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
can be molluscum , herpes or HPV .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your response.
I guess, these Small bump lesions could be a herpes infection with if they are associated with pain and fever . Molluscum contagiosum infection can appear as small bumps with central depression. Also, genital warts due to HPV (Human papilloma virus) infection can present as small pink/red bumps over penis, so my suggestion is that you see a dermatologist (Skin specialist) , who will be in a better position to examine and diagnose the lumps and treat them adequately.
Hope this helps.
Be safe and happy