Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy to treat skin tanning?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
hi doctor my skin has been tanning over lsst 4 yrs and while I did consult dermatologist a year back, there has been no improvement. I do use sun XXXXXXX protection lotion, but in vain. my dietary habits are good and I rarely eat outside jubj food. Kindly advise necessary remedy please. Thanks
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Skin tanning Detailed Answer: Hi See your main problem is regarding skin tanning. Now skin tanning is first of all a totally treatable skin condition as tanning in most cases is reversible. What you need to take care about is the appropriate use of a sunscreen. The one that you are using is a good sunscreen but there are certain things that need to be taken able about. You should apply a sunscreen atleast half an hour before sun exposure. You should reapply it every three hours if you tend to stay out in the sun. Apply it over all the exposed parts. Now I don't know what all treatments you have already taken. But for the pigmentation that you have, you can start application of a lightening agent like kojivit gel over the face twice a day. Use it continuously for atleast one month. Take oral vitamin c tablet twice a day for a month. Make sure you use the sunscreen properly as advised, otherwise the treatment would not be of any use. If even after one month, you feel that the improvement is not as expected, then you can see a nearby dermatologist and get chemical peels done. This treatment options is very helpful in cases of skin pigmentation due to tanning. Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor