Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for pyoderma gangrenosum?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 16002 Questions
I suffer from Pyoderma Gangrenosum, so far, I've seen and have been cleared of any gastro inflamatory problems. what else can cause my condition and what else can I do to help prevent future outbreaks I've had this condition for five years and I'm being followed by a dermatalagist. I've heard that autoimmune dissorders may cause this and I'm wondering if seeing a specialist in that area would be a good idea.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes, a second opinion be taken Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. It is good that gastro problems are rules out. This condition has no known causative factor and dermatologist can really help you the most. You have rightly said about a second opinion of a Specialist in an area of autoimmune disorder be sought.We would have been happy to see the actual photograph of the condition you are suffering from. I hope by this time other associated factors like rheumatic disorders / hematological disorders too have been ruled out. In addition you have to be careful to avoid any trauma. I hope this answer satisfies you. Please continue your treatment with your Dermatologist and take a second opinion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor