Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for painful spasms in rib cage, legs and feet?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
My name is XXXXXXX You ask for the query but I see no questions to answer. I have severe charley horses in my body , rib cage and back, legs and feet and just toes sometimes. The ones in my ribs and back are the worse. They can comeon by just a slight twist in my body. They last a short time if I bear down but if I bear down too hard I will get another one somewhere else at the same time. This is getting debilitating for me and the pain is awful. I have tyroid disease, diabetes, overweight, high blood pressure, very low vitamin D, sleep apnea, Afib heart rates. I also have terrible itching on my hands and feet. Am losing some of my toe nails. HELP my email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: I will advise you to do MRI spine Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Due to compression of this nerve root in spine there is tingling numbness in your leg and pain associated with it. I will advise you to do MRI spine For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Take vitamin D injection for early recovery. Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. I will advise to check your vit B12. As you are losing toe nails this is probably due to diabetic foot disease due to occlusion of vessels. I will advise to do perfusion foot scan. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor