Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for night terrors while sleeping?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 662 Questions
several days while I was sleeping very rough,strong and XXXXXXX brainwaves came towards me threatening me to kill.That happend several days and those days I was unable to sleep at night too.
I just thought it was a result of some organized people around 25 my living place.Now while I am remembering those experiances, I am feeling suffering also unconsciously and involuntarily it has become a trouble to others.I feel my whole thinking way also has been changed due to them.So I would like, if you give an admonition for cure this condition and stop such further circumstances,night terrors?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 3 hours later

Thanks for the query.

After reading your history, it seems you are facing from severe anxiety. First of all I want to clear that, it is impossible to control some one's thought. Your thought process is limited to you only and no one can force you to think in his own way.

Secondly, the concept of brain waves is impossible and believe me no one is going to kill you. You are absolutely fine.

You can follow these measures:
1- Reduce your anxiety level, don't think much to any topic.
2- Take regular sleep of atleast 7 days.
3- Take a balanced diet,with vitamin and mineral supplements.
4- Daily aerobics will be beneficial for you.
5- ALWAYS REMAIN IN COMPANY OF OTHERS, Like your friends, relatives, wife, parents etc.
6- Enjoy life fully.
7- Nothing will happen bad for you, believe in god.
8- Indulge your self in constructive works, help others in any way, by this way you will increase your friend list.
9- Avoid much use of internet, it is just a virtual world, with a virtual identity of you. BE REAL. Prover yourself, it is just a start of your life.

Try this, I am sure you will feel better, it still the problem persists, then consult a Psychiatrist for counseling.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor