What is the remedy for night cough with mucus and choked throat?

Posted on Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in General Health
Question: I HAVE COUGH AND FORMING PHULGUM MAINLY AT NIGHT. THROAT IS ALWAYS CHOCKED
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query In order to come to a better conclusion I need more info from you 1. How long have you been suffering from this? 2. Do you have fever? 3. Please mention the medications you are currently on? 4. Have you been put on any medications for the cough? 5. What is the color of the phlegm? Is it blood stained anytime? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 8 hours later
it is more then 3 months. no i have dont have fever. no regular medicine for this. i have casually taken odimont. i regularly take ACE REVELOL 50/5 REMSTER 5 CATAPIN XR 500 CLOPIVAS ZYROVA 10 THE COLOUR OF PHELGM IS WHITE.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Side effect of ACE Revelol Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the reply in detail The cough you are suffering from the past 3 months is most likely to be the side effect of ACE Revelol, it contains Ramipril which is an ACE inhibitor, and these medications are well known to cause cough. I advice you to approach your treating doctor to change your medication to ARB, like Losartan to do away with the side effect. Continue taking all other medications. Please do not stop the drug on your own. I hope I was of help, if you have any further doubts please get back to me. I am sorry for the short delay in my reply, I was on call at my hospital I wish you good health Regards
Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist