question-icon

What is the remedy for nausea with dizziness?

Posted on Thu, 6 Mar 2014
Question: I appear to be a perfectly healthy women who suffers nausea.Started last year with vomiting and now just feel sick in the stomach and head sort of dizzy.Do you have any clues?
Answered by Dr. Praveen G (47 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Hypertension ? Detailed Answer: Hello, The history of nausea and vomiting with dizziness and your age is making me to think that you may be having increased blood pressure (BP). Nausea and vomiting is due to increased adrenergic activity, because of vomiting you are having feeling of sick in the stomach. I would suggest you to record your blood pressure for three consecutive days and know your blood pressure. If there is increased BP, you need to adopt lifestyle modification to control your BP.Requirement of medicine to reduce the BP depends upon your BP values.In addition to this, I would advise you to undergo following investigations. 1.Fasting Blood Sugar Level 2.Postprandial Blood Sugar Level 3.Fasting Lipid Profile 4.Complete Blood Picture These investigations helps us to make proper diagnosis and treat your condition. If any query feel free to post the query. Thank you.
Dr. Praveen G

Infectious Diseases Specialist