Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for an inflammed area around my anus?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1774 Questions
Hi, about a month ago I had bleeding from my anus when wiping, then notices a small tear around my anus. It then became very itchy. I then noticed an inflamed area on my anus. I thought it was a hemorrhoid. I started using preperation H and hydrocortizone. I then began to have a foul smelling discharge from my rectum. Then it started to get sore down there. I now have red bumps all around my anus and crack. I do not have any abnormal symptoms from my vagina. I have never had anal sex. I do have sex with one person, in a monogamous relationship. I did have a yeast infection about 2 weeks ago. I went to the gynecologist and got medication for the yeast infection. This situation with my bottom seems to be getting progressively worse. I have an appointment with a doctor but not for a week and this is driving me crazy and scaring me! Help!
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of worm infestation to be considered Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day I do understand the difficult situation you may be facing in regards to your symptoms and not being able to have an appointment at earliest. Based on your description I could think of the following possibility 1. Worm Infestation: Pin worm infestation may cause itching around anal region and followed by rash. 2. Fissure in anus: its more likely in the presence of pain while passing stools. 3. Scabies Exact diagnosis can be arrived by clinical examination. It would be more helpful if you could provide me with a Clinical photograph of the same. In the meantime I would suggest you some measures that will definitely provide the much needed relief 1. Hot Seitz bath : Add a handful of common table salt to a tub of lukewarm water. Immerse the affected part in it by sitting in the tub. 20 to 30 minutes of exposure thrice a day will be helpful. 2. Dry the area with soft cloth after hot seitz bath. Local application of Betamethasone will be helpful. Along with Clotrimazole dusting powder. Do get back to me with the clinical photograph for further assessment and advice Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the remedy for an inflammed area around my anus? 20 minutes later
Are those the only possibilities? I do have increased "milk like" discharge. I am unsure how to upload a picture now.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be due to Inflammation of rectum Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Thanks for uploading the clinical photograph. The whitish discharge you are facing is due to mucous discharge coming from the rectum and is caused due to Proctitis(inflammation of rectum). This mucous discharge coming from the rectum has caused inflammation of perianal skin and has caused such lesion to appear. Amoebiasis could be the cause for Proctitis. Diagnoses can be confirmed by taking swab from the rectum and anal lesion along with stool examination of ova and cyst. Apart from the previous advise i would suggest you the following 1. Empirical Treatment with Combination Of Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole for 10 days would be beneficial. 2. Thoroughyly wash your panties in boiling water to remove the traces of mucous and detergent in it. Contact with inadequately washed undergarments may lead to increase in lesion. Regularly change the undergarments. 3. Hot seitz bath 4. Local application of combination of Metronidazole ment and Framycetin ointment will be helpful. I am sure the above advise will be useful, do get back to me if you need any further assistance. Wishing you speedy recovery Take Care Do keep me updated about the progress and improvement. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor