Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for PCOD and to increase haemoglobin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
I have irregular periods, cycle of 1.5 months and not with a good flow. I've been diagnosed with PCOD. My Haemoglobin is also 7.5, which is much less that the required 11. Could this be the reason for irregularity in periods. I feel bloated when nearing my periods time. The hair growth on my upper lip, chin has increased. what is the remedy for PCOD and to bring back haemoglobin? Thanks for your help and support.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: PCOD is the reason Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX The reason for irregularity in your periods is the PCOD. For PCOD, you need medications such as Metformin and hormonal pills to regularize the cycles. For low hemoglobin, you should take Iron supplements like Tablet Orofer XT for a minimum of 3 months. You can take iron injections as well. Hope this helps you. Get well soon. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor