Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

What is the recurrence risk of ectopic pregnancy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 788 Questions
After having one ectopic pregnancy , diagnosed very early and treated with medication, with is the probability of future healthy pregnancy? There was no damage to tube and no known cause according to dr.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Chance of healthy pregnancy is 80-85% Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing. The recurrence risk of ectopic is around 15- 20%. Chance of successful pregnancy also depends on the health of the contralateral tube. If the other tube is normal then you have 80% successful chance of a healthy pregnancy. Thanks Dr Bhagyashree
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor