What is the recovery period for a brain surgery?

Dr. Prasanna Heijebu

Posted on Wed, 19 Oct 2016 in Lump
Question: What is the typical recovery period from Surgery 1, which is to open and lay on the surface of the brain grids to 'map' the area where a focal point is suspected?

Surgery 2 is to actually remove any potential focal points. All together, typical recovery phyically and emotionally?
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
4 to 6 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir

I can certainly understand your concern.

Complete recovery is not possible following a brain surgery.

The recovery period for both types of surgeries is around 4 to 6 weeks.

Emotional recovery may take a bit longer time by 1-2 weeks .

Post your further questions if any.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 3 days later
I agree with part of your answer: "complete recovery is not possible following a brain surgery." That said, when a person goes back to the o/r for 5 more surgeries, what is the probability that scare tissue could become a major issue into the future?

I have a hard time understanding the emotional recovery, 1-2 weeks. That may be true for a first surgery for some people, but add 5 more to that equation including unnecessary verbal abuse from the caregiver, how long could either take to heal?
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
Emotional recovery can vary significantly under such conditions

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir

Emotional recovery under situations you mentioned can be as range from 6 m to 2 years.

With repeated surgeries, scar tissue can result in significant on scalp.

It can become a major problem when the growth of scar tissue is maximum in 1 to 3 years.

Post your further questions if any.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T