What is the reason for tightness in throat and fatigue?
Thanks for the query
After going through your query, I feel, I need to know some more things related to your present condition.
1. Do you have acidity (gastritis) problem?
2. Do you have habit of smoking/consuming alcohol?
3. Do you consume excess of coffee/tea?
4. Does your work involve lot of stress?
5. Do you have cough associated with this throat discomfort?
6. Does this problem worsen on lying down?
7. Were you on any other medications before?
8. Any change in voice?
9. Any difficulty in swallowing?
The reason, I would like to know the answer for the above questions is because of your age. There are various conditions affecting the quality of life at this age and in order to zero in on the most probable cause I would request you to furnish the answers for the same.
Awaiting your reply
Dr. Naveen Kumar
1. Do you have acidity (gastritis) problem? No - not really
2. Do you have habit of smoking/consuming alcohol? I do drink alcohol and I actually noticed my problem for the first time after I overindulged in Irish whiskey (family member died). It was right after that event that I first noticed it and it has never really gone away.
3. Do you consume excess of coffee/tea? I drink a lot of caffienated cola - regular Coke. Probably 6 plus cans a day and I have my whole life.
4. Does your work involve lot of stress? Yes and even more stressful lately. I am in commercial real estate and I closing my company and taking a position with another firm. It has definitely been stressful.
5. Do you have cough associated with this throat discomfort? Yes - I've been congested for awhile.
6. Does this problem worsen on lying down? No.
7. Were you on any other medications before? No - I have never been on any kind of medication.
8. Any change in voice? When I'm the phone for long periods at work my voice starts to crack and I have flem and I have to keep clearing my throat.
9. Any difficulty in swallowing? No
Thanks for the information, It helped me at arriving to the below opinion.
The symptoms you have do make me strongly suspicious about Laryngeal pathology , to be specific chronic Laryngitis to confirm which you may need to be examined by a ENT specialist who may conduct a indirect/direct laryngoscopy for the same.
Well its also reasonable to rule out cancer here and this can be achieved by the above mentioned test only.
Do gargle with Chlorhexidine solution which will prevent any secondary infections hereafter, and do take steam inhalations with Eucalyptus oil to alleviate your symptoms and discomfort.
Specific cure/treatment depends on the exact cause for the same made out after the examination.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constant sore throat and fatigue
- Sore throat fatigue no fever
- Fatigue and throat pain
- What does sore throat fatigue and chills indicate
- Sore throat headache fatigue
- What is the reason for tightness in throat and fatigue
- Fatigue and aches and sore throat
- What causes hoarse throat dizziness and fatigue
- Chronic sore throat and fatigue
- What causes fatigue with frequent cold and sore throat