What is the reason for lightheadedness followed by ringing in ears and tight throat?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Symptoms began when I woke up this morning. Initially light headedness followed by ringing in my ears. Now, my throat is tight. 46 y/o Female.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Infection of the middle ear Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query The symptoms you have given are suggestive of a middle ear infection. Most often middle ear infections are of viral eitiology and are self limiting. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Visit an ENT specialist for clinical examination 2. Tablet Betahistidine is usually prescribed, which is taken three times daily for a week. It will bring a lot of improvement in your symptoms 3. Avoid listening to loud music, ear phones and talking on the phone for long durations for the next one week I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E