What is the reason for high fever in my child?
Thanks for writing to us.
High fever in a child of 9 years can be there due to multiple reasons.It can be infective- most probably intestinal infection, viral infection, throat infection, etc.
Feeling delirious and palpitation is commonly associated with a high grade fever.
It is best to get your child thoroughly examined by his pediatrician to actually know the reason of fever.
It is good that his fever subsided with tylenol. The other general measures that you can take to make him comfortable are-
1. You can start by giving him the BRAT diet (i.e, bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) or soft easily digestible semisolid diet can also be given. Further, avoid giving any junk food or oily, spicy food, fatty foods, sugary foods, dairy products,etc. until recovery is complete.
2.Replace lost fluid and salts due to increased water loss from body due to fever: Give him broth, soup, fruit juices, soft fruits, or vegetables.
3.Avoid the following foods: Dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.), Cold drinks - stick to warm tea or water as long as symptoms persist.
If the symptoms are not relieved , medical treatment might be needed after proper examination.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Wishing you and your son a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is considered high fever
- What to do if a child is having high fever
- What can be the reason for sudden high fever
- What are the symptoms of high fever
- Reason for high fever and unconsciousness
- Child with high fever hyperactivity
- How to cure high fever of child
- Stuttering child after high fever
- What is the reason for high fever in my child
- What is a high fever
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...