Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

What is the reason for brown, slightly raised blister spots on my face?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 338 Questions
I am 49 year old female. I weigh 125lbs and am 5'3". I am a nurse and have worked in a healthcare setting for the past 25 years with the last 18 not being at bedside. I am concerned that i have been infected with something in the hospital although i am around young children everyday so i might have gotten a bug from one of them. About three months ago I had what looked like a pimple come up on my chin. I picked at it with a pair of tweezers and now I have these circular raised areas on my face that have a chalky white substance in them. The generally start as a brown,slightly raised blister spot. Much of my face now has an orange peel appearance and the rest has more of the little brown blisters. My chin, outer portion of both sides of my face, where my nose meets my face on both sides is affected.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 7 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

It might not be due to hospital infection.

You should not have pricked with tweezers when you initially developed a pimple over your chin.

Since you did it with out taking precautions it would have spread on to the surrounding area to cause infection.

Chalky white substance in the raised areas would be pustules.

I suggest you not to touch your face with hands on and off.

You can wash your face with a antiseptic soap.

Always use a clean towel and I suggest you to take a antibiotic of penicillin group or cephalosporin group.

You can consult a dermatologist if the lesions persist.

Take healthy diet XXXXXXX in fruits and vegetables and drink more water.

Also never prick the lesions, which would leave a bad scar.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health,


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor