What is the quantity of water to be given for a 6 month old?
My Baby is now 6 month old today. Till now she is only on breast feed.
1) Now we have started to give her boiled water. please specify target qty to be consumed . Can we provide water by feeding bottle. suggest make please because she is taking breast feed also
2) She taking now breast feed only
3) We need to start semi solid food now. since in our before rice ceremony we cannot provide rice. please suggest alternate a diet chart with qty to be provide till she is 7 months old. Her rice ceremony is in 7th month
4) Alternate of Breast feed for emergency as sometimes if her mother is ill. Suggest brand and ounce
4) Do's and Dont's
you can introduce mashed ripe bananas or mashed boiled potatoes
Thanks for asking again on HealthcareMagic.
It is good to hear that your child has been exclusively breast fed. But after 6 months of age, the energy supply needs to be boosted and hence solids need to be introduced. However, if as per your customs you want to wait till the rice ceremony, I would insist you to simply continue breast feeding exclusively. Breast milk contains enough water to meet the requirements of the child. However, it is only during the added solid feeds that extra water needs to be given. The amount is not much and limited to only as much as is needed to wet the tongue or throat. It is not so much that it would need to be given separately using a bottle. Giving much water simply fills the stomach and reduces the food intake.
As of now, if you want to give semi-solids, you can introduce mashed ripe bananas or mashed boiled potatoes. They can serve as a good substitute for rice. You can start by giving twice a day and can gradually build up on the amount and frequency.
I understand your apprehensions about her mother falling ill. But I would not insist on any external milk. Six months have already elapsed and I am sure things would be fine without needing to give external milk.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- 20 month old eye watering
- Quantity of ragi for 6 months old baby
- 18 month old eyes watering
- Lactodex quantity use water
- Quantity of lactogen for 7 month old baby
- Quantity of water and lactogen for 5 month baby
- Month old eyes watering teething
- Watering eye on 6 month old
- Watering eye 14 month old
- What is the quantity for giving meftal p suspension for a 11 month old baby