What is the purpose of Movon?

Dr. Jasvinder Singh

Posted on Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: what is the purpose of movon.. for which treatment movon is used
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 13 minutes later

Movon contains aceclofenac and piroxicam, both of which are non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Aceclofenac is used for the relief of pain and inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.

Piroxicam is used to relieve the symptoms of rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, primary dysmenorrhoea, postoperative pain; and act as an analgesic, especially where there is an inflammatory component.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Jasvinder Singh 55 minutes later
I am having serve pain in my inner thighs and in my lefe ribs . what is the best medicine . Please suggest ASAP.
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 18 hours later

It is true that non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs like Movon are the first line of treatment for pain and are used to reduce pain as well as inflammation. But they are quite effective in relieving pain.

Sometimes we prefer to give pain killers like acetaminophen like Combiflam. It has been proven by studies that it can be equally as effective as prescription anti-inflammatory medications in relieving pain. I suggest you to discuss about this drug with your treating doctor and get it prescribed.

For local pain relief you can use topical pain relieving drugs which are available in the form of local gels or creams.

Regards.