What is the proper schedule for Familon pill?

Posted on Fri, 1 Jul 2016 in General Health
Question: hi,

my wife (age 23) was on familon since last two months. she took her last pill (second month) on 17th may. now the instructions with the pill says that she should restart the pill on the 8th day after last pill i.e., 25th may. but she hasn't yet started taking the pill. now we r in doubt whether we can start the pill from today or we should skip this month.

she was proscribed this pill to control and regularize her periods. she has irregular and improper periods. she used have periods generally after every 7-8 days with very less bleeding.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please skip this month, as it is too late to start now.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
No, it is not proper or advisable to start the pill from day, as it is too late this month, and will lead to undesirable side effects.
Please skip this month, and restart as per proper schedule from next month onwards, after next period.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN