What is the prognosis for schizophrenia?
Yes, there is a chance for recovery but with medication
First of all, I like to inform you that schizophrenia is relapsing and remitting disorder and there is no permanent cure possible.
The individuals suffering from schizophrenia can recover completely with help of medication and they need to take some form of medication to remain healthy.
Since you already suffered four episodes till date there is a possibility that you may have further episodes in coming years. Considering this fact you need to continue your medication as suggested by your doctor.
Respidon is one among the commonly used medication for management of schizophrenia and there is a possibility that you will see the effect in few weeks.
Most patients take 8-12 weeks to recover completely although this time varies from individual to individual.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Ashok Kumar, Psychiatrist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is paranoid schizophrenia
- What is the complete cure for schizophrenia
- What are different types of schizophrenia
- What are the symptoms of disorganized schizophrenia?
- What is schizophrenia
- What is flat affect in schizophrenia
- What is paranoid schizophrenia disorder
- What is the ayurvedic treatment for schizophrenia
- What is the homeopathic remedy for schizophrenia
- What are the symptoms and treatment for schizophrenia