What is the prognosis for retinal vein occlusion while on Accentrix?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: 55 yrs Female Left Eye Branch Retinal Vein occlusion Inejction Accentrix taken , please suggest what would be the future prognosis , how many more injection of Accentrix will be required , can it affect other parts of eye and other body parts or cause any further major treatment expenses in due to complications. would she has to undergo any further test
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see detailed answer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting on HCM,
Have seen reports.

One injection every week for 6-8 weeks would be given then for couple of months you would be under observation if required again a cycle would be repeated.
No one can tell you perfect time for full recovery because normally it could take upto 10 injections a year however recovery depends from person to person.

Generally treatment is effective in 60-70% of cases.
Cost of therwpy would be almost 2500 rupees per injection.

A CT brain and Echo heart can be done to rule out possibility of any thrombus.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana