question-icon

What is the prognosis for patients diagnosed with aortic regurgitation?

Posted on Sat, 13 Oct 2018
Question: 37 year male,2D ECHO SUGGESTS MILD TO MODERATE AORTIC REGURGITATION,LV WALL THICKNESS IS AT UPPER LIMITS ,TRIVIAL TRICUSPID REGURGITATION.WHAT WILL BE THE PROGNOSIS OF THIS CONDITION.SUGGESTIVE TREATMENT,INVESTIGATION & MEDICATION
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:

After going through the medical details provided by you would like to tell you that, if the patient is asymptomatic as of now then just medication need to be continued.

But the ultimate thing is that at last valve replacement will be needed at some stage if the aortic regurgitation will progress or the patient will develop symptoms.

I hope this information will answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist