What is the prognosis for metastatic ampullary carcinoma?
Hello dear. Prognosis is good if there is no recurrence till now
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. So in a ampullary carcinoma with a T4 size tumor and node positivity the actual prognosis would have been bad if we talk at the time of surgery and chemo way back in 2011. As almost 70 percent of these patients have recurrence and mets within 5 years.
The 5 year survival in these group is nearly 40 percent. But since you donot have any recurrence till now, i assume your chances of developing metastasis are receding as the time passes and now you will be at a very low risk for developing mets, although nobody can tell you the exact figure at this stage.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Metastatic liver cancer prognosis
- Metastatic carcinoid cancer prognosis
- Metastatic papillary thyroid carcinoma prognosis
- Prognosis of metastatic colon cancer
- Esophagus diverticulum carcinoma prognosis
- Metastatic melanoma prognosis
- Metastatic laryngeal cancer prognosis
- Metastatic spine cancer prognosis
- Metastatic brain cancer prognosis
- Metastatic neuroendocrine carcinoma prognosis
- What causes inflammation in the lungs while treating pneumonia?
- Can nodules in the lungs be cancerous?
- What are the long term side effects of Cytoxan and Taxotere?
- What does this biopsy report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for cough, headache and nausea
- Suggest treatment for a large tumor in the abdomen
- What is the prognosis for metastatic ampullary carcinoma?
- Suggest treatment for iron deficiency anemia
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- Is missing a dosage of medicine during anti tubular lymphadenitis...