What is the prognosis for invasive ductal carcinoma stage III grade III?

Question
I have just been diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage III Grade III. Can you give me an idea of how serious this is?
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Eni 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Very serious

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage III Grade III, is a wide spread cancer of your breasts that has been found in the different lymph nodes around your body.
Simple treatments are ineffective. You will need to combine treatments like: radiation, chemotherapy, surgery, hormonal therapy.
Radiation is used to shrink the cancer. Chemotherapy is used for the same reason, and it is used at the end to completely exterminate the cancerous cells around your body. Surgical removal of your breasts is done after Rad+CHem. Hormonal therapy is used to stop the effect of estrogen on breast tissue, and inhibit thus the stimulation of breast malignancy. Chemotherapy is reused.
If your doctor is out of the office, go and see an oncologist as soon as possible.
There is hope, dear lady!
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help you.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you complete remission!
Manoku Eni M.D.

Follow-up: What is the prognosis for invasive ductal carcinoma stage III grade III? 27 hours later
I have a breast implant that has come out of its sac, also I have other tumors in other areas. Do you think it is related?

Is Stage 3 and Grade 3 different?

Also I am ER neg, PR pos and HER negative. is that good or bad?

I called a cancer center and they set me up with a surgeon for this Friday. Is that normal. Do you know the statistics for this type of breast cancer?

Answered by Dr. Eni 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Is normal to set up for this Friday

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma is the most common breast cancer. It is the cause of up to 80% of breast cancers, and about 180,000 women every year are diagnosed with this type of breast cancer.
Stage 3 means that the cancerous cells have spread beyond the breast. It has invaded the surrounding tissue, muscles, lymph nodes etc, but has not spread very far. This stage is divided into 3 grades, depending on the amount of surrounding tissue involved, thus grade 3 being the most spread cancer in stage 3.
Usually cancers are related to each other, and the fact that you have had a tumor in other areas, means that the percentage of risk for you to develop IDC is increased compared to other women in the population.
Breast implant coming out of its sac shouldn't be a very important factor, if not important at all.
Breast cancer cells have sometimes receptors to hormones, and are affected by their activity in the organism. ER means estrogen receptor, PR means progesterone receptor. If the status is positive, then it means that the cancer cells respond to the specific hormone, increasing and spreading with the increase of the hormone in your body. There is targeted therapy with new drugs aiming to stop this receptors and to decrease the effect of hormones on cancer development and redevelopment. Your doctor will give you a drug anti Progesterone, since you are positive for that.
HER is a code name to assess if the cancer cells produce a specific type of protein, in which case the cancer is very aggressive and spreads very fast. Your tests show negative, so your IDC is not that aggressive.

I hope I have answered your questions!
Wish you all the best on Friday!
Manoku Eni M.D.