What is the prognosis for acoustic neuroma?
Please help me with prognosis? is it require lifetime treatment? Will this condition recur?
What is future complications?
Be in regular follow up
The prognosis of acoustic schwannoma is very good.
If surgery is successful, then recurrence is rare.
Reported recurrence is less than 1%.
The follow-up is required regularly in a year or two.
Apart from supportive treatment, no drugs are required.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Neeraj Kumar , Neurologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Floaters flashes with acoustic neuroma
- Prognosis translab surgery acoustic neuroma
- What kind of hallucinations with acoustic neuroma
- What causes an acoustic neuroma
- What foods fight acoustic neuroma
- Clexane injection acoustic neuroma
- What causes headaches after acoustic neuroma removal
- Acoustic neuroma prognosis
- Ayurveda acoustic neuroma
- Acoustic neuroma and auditory hallucinations
- What causes recurrent painful sensation over one side of lower face?
- What does my blood test report indicate?
- What causes constant dizziness?
- Suggest treatment for weight gain, coldness and constipation
- What causes facial pain and leg numbness in a patient with diabetes?
- Suggest treatment for recurring optic neuritis in right eye
- What causes trouble thinking clearly while recovering form sepsis?
- How long should medication be continued after suffering partial paralysis?
- Suggest treatment for constant pain due to neuropathy
- What causes burning sensation in buttocks of a person with spinal problems?