• question-icon

What is the prognosis for COPD?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Will my life be shortened by copd
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
COPD and comorbidities

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Its dr.Jolanda again

In most of cases the prognosis of COPD depends a lot on the Stage of COPD and the comorbidities .

The most important of comorbidities are cardiac problems .

As you explain your situation you have diabetes, hypertension, asthma,parkinson,gastric bypass.

So we can't say it is a good situation but we can not predict which of your diseases will affect your life expectancy.

All of these conditions may affect each other because the organs cooperate together in their functions and it is very very important for you to be well treated and in equilibrium in all your comorbidities.

Yes COPD affect the life expectancy as diabetes,hypertension and parkinson do as well.

The point is that all the relevant specialist should cooperate together in your treatment.

Best wishes

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist