Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What is the procedure to treat uterine fibroids ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
Hi, I just recieved my ultrasound results saying that my uterus appears normal in size and contour. The andometrial echocomplex has a thickness of 6mm. Two small fibroids are noted anteriorly measuring in 0.5 amd 1.2cm in diameter. I am 44years old, married and have no children. I have abnormal bleeding recently. What does the above information reflect?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 10 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for posting your query
I saw your report.
Fibroids are benign tumours of uterus.
They can cause abnormal uterine bleeding , pain and sterility.
You are having corpus luteum in one ovary that means you have ovulated but because of fibroids you were not getting pregnant.
In younger age myomectomy is done.
Treatment of excessive bleeding is medical as well as surgical.
Take iron supplements regularly and if bleeding is more do consulting your doctor.
I am always available to answer your further queries
Wishing you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor