question-icon

What is the problem when my penis itches in the

Posted on Sat, 23 Feb 2019
Question: What is the problem when my penis itches in the foreskin? No rash, or discharge, nor urination problems...just the itch.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antifungal

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Perhaps you have a yeast infection/ candida balanitis. I suggest you to use an OTC topical antifungal e.g either Clotrimazole 1% cream or Ketoconazole 2% cream, twice daily for a few days. In addition I suggest you to take an oral antifungal e.g a single dose of Fluconazole 150mg tablet after confirming diagnosis with a doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist