Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

What is the permanent solution to ease pain in sacral and gluteal areas?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 549 Questions
I am getting pain in sacral (b/w hips back side) and gluteal (buttocks). It started at 2010 as per orthopedic doctor I was taken pain killer as long as 6 months. Pain decreased but now started again. If I eats potatoes and eggs the pain will increase. I want to know is it arthritis or other else. Recently I have been diagnosed by Kidney stone <5mm situated in kidney. This was a question I have asked 5 days ago. Now blood test has been done. Report is C-reactive protein=30 (+ve), ESR=24, Rheumatoid factor =9.0 (-ve) Haimoglobin=14.7 WBC=6800
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: AS but needs to be confirmed Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I would like to explain to you that you are probably suffering from an arthritis called ankylosing spondylitis(AS). This condition affects a joint in the pelvis called sacro iliac joint. your symptoms are consistent with this condition. In this condition the inflammatory markers like ESR and CRP tend to be high. The RF is negative, however to confirm this problem you need toundergo a blood test called HLA B27, or you need to undergo MRI of SI joint which should show inflammation in the form of sacroiliitis. Till this is done I suggest you continue to take an NSAID which gives you best result as this is the treatment of choice for this problem at this stage, also please concentrate on exercises for the back because these will help you to control this problem in the long term.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor