Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What is the permanent cure for white sticky things all over body?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1982
Answered : 3023 Questions
Hello I am seeking answers to my condition.My symptoms are as follows:I have thesestringy sticky white things all over my body.Prixate area and ears intluded.This white things are stringy with a hard needlelike surface.They are ectremly painful?especially when they are breaking the skin to get to the surface.The stinging,burning and itching semsation doesn't go away.I have gained 10lbs in 2 days.My legs and my ankles sewelled up to nearly rwice their normal size.I have developed an very unpleasant body odoAfter only having been out of tha tub it returns.Last night I took a bath in order to determine whether I eould find'flaoties'in the bathtub.To no srprise I did .They looked likke tiny pieces of cotton ball.Further I have taken I also fpund the cottonlik substance witha tiny shiny like hard tip attached.Thete were also some very small brownish beige little dot lookibg things and lastly the needlelike things which have attached themselves to my hands snd bottom of my fert Acomplishing the dimplrs tasks such ad holding something walking drilling txtremely painfu.They are visible as they are sticking straight out.Careful remuval with tweezers is doable.Lastly my mind and memories are also affected.I must make mysejf a to-do-list in order to get errands anf chores done.U alse require a shopping list even if it is only for3items.I hope I have provided you with enough details to reach a conclusionI want my life back and being able to sleep, clear packing tape to collect samples from my skin.I gound severa l different shapes anf sizes of things.Clear shiny stringylike subst anc
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 8 hours later
Brief Answer: You may be having Morgellons disease. Detailed Answer: Hi, After reading the history, I feel that you may be having Morgellons disease. In this condition,patient is having symptoms related to skin,nerves and mind. Sometimes it is also called fibre disease. There may be itching,burning and crawling sensetion. Patient also often reports that he has what look like threads, hair, or fuzz coming out of lesions on their skin. There may be psychiatric symptoms like amnesia, depression and difficulty in clear thinking. Exact cause of this disease is not known. While there is no specific cure for Morgellons disease, individuals who suffer from this condition have been found to benefit from medications that treat psychosis or tics, like olanzapine. So, I would advise to consult dermatologist along with psychiatrist for perfect diagnosis and treatment. If there is itching, you may take antihistaminics like levocetirizine till itching is relieved. If there is secondary bacterial infection, take antibiotics. Antibiotic cream or calamine lotion may be applied. Avoid soap bath,you may use dettol liquid in water. Antidepressant like escitalopram and antipsychotic like pimozide or olanzapine may be taken to relieve psychological symptoms... I think, you might be satisfied with my answer. But, still, if you have queries, you may ask.. Thanks. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the permanent cure for white sticky things all over body? 34 hours later
This condition was witnessed by several ppl.I have also pics and samples.I have visited two different doctors who seem under the i mpression that I'm suffering from Schizophrenia So my question to you is: what can I on my own do to treat this.I have since writing you suffered a heart and breathing attack that has scared me severly.I seem to encounter the same obstacles as a lot of ppl with this condition.Medical professionals simply refuse to believe,it.I refuse to become a suicide victim like so many others because doctors who took the oath to help and protect us can't seem to be more open minded.Please be as specific with your answers as possible:brand,website,color,price...Anything at all that might help me locate these items.Please help save my sanity and my life
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult psychiatrist. Detailed Answer: Hi, If you are able to isolate and remove them from your skin you can get it examined under microscopy. In the meanwhile, I suggest that you considered a psychiatrist consultation. You will be more benefitted after consulting psychiatrist. I hope you you will take my advice seriously. Regards Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor