Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

What is the permanent cure for pain in wrist and finger joints after recovering from chikungunya?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
I am 28 years old female. Had a bout of chikungunya about 3 months back. Now I have severe pain on my right wrist and finger joints. also on the right foot tendons. whats the best medication to get relieved of this pain permanently?
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Unfortunately there is no one time or absolute medication for this. NSAID analgesic are likely to be more appropriate to be used. Use of compression ,rest , ice application and restricting heavy physical activity can help early recovery. And if need physiotherapy can be undertaken. Avoid cold environment. Hope this helps. Please ask if there are doubts. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the permanent cure for pain in wrist and finger joints after recovering from chikungunya? 5 minutes later
Thanks Doc. However, I am getting this pain regularly and its incapacitating and unbearable. Can I take Emanzen D to reduce the inflammation? if so how long should I take? Or do you have any alternate medication to recommend? Look forward to hearing from you. regards,
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks for follow up Detailed Answer: Your current medication is pretty good. In addition you can start local analgesic spray or ointment. If all active symptoms except joint pain have resolved than after consultation with your doctor a short  course of steroids may coconsidered. This can help reduce joint inflammation and provide relief from pain. So please get your doctor's opinion on this. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor