Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

What is the permanent cure for disc pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
My father often suffers from pain the lowermost and 2-3 discs above that. It happens when he bends too much to pick reasonably heavy objects. It happened to him yesterday again. He is not able to move from position to orher, sir properly and has some difficulty to straight eqsily. The pain has spread to his hips and other adjoining areas. We gave him disprin and applied volini which made it a little better but he is still in pain.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Orthopedic evaluation is entailed.... Detailed Answer: Hi, At the age of 40 and above, bones and joints undergo degeneration. Back and knee are the areas where degeneration effects are commonly seen. Degenerative effects leading to inflammation and pain of back is referred to as osteoarthritis. ' It looks like your father is suffering from the same. The treatment here is going to be conservative in the form of pain medications, exercise and physiotherapy. Unresponsive conditions are treated with injections and rarely surgery. Without a physical examination and radiological tests, it is impossible to predict the severity of the condition and the type of treatment that is necessary. I urge you to visit an orthopedician for detailed examination of his spine. X-ray / CT / MRI scan can be done to help the surgeon plan the right treatment. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor