question-icon

What is the permanent cure for diarrhea?

Posted on Mon, 10 Feb 2014
Question: Continuous on going Diarrhea for the last 10 days. Have already done a course of Norflox TZ for 5 days and Metrogyl for 6 days and there is some improvement but the Diarrhea and irregular need to go to the washroom is not stopping
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (7 hours later)
Brief Answer: It takes some time Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. You have taken the best antibiotic combination for infective diarrhea. Need not worry, I suspect you are cured of the infection, the frequent urge and loose stools if any could be due to the tiny ulcers created by the infection. These ulcers will take some time to get healed. Also due to continued loose stools, the normal gut bacterial flora would have washed off, this leads to indigestion and gas in the intestines. Taking SPOROLAC bacterial supplements will help. Regards,
Dr. Raju A.T