Nervigenic agents + multivitamin & multiminerals
Thanks for your query.
Regarding the symptoms as mentioned in your post, kindly let us know about the following:
1. Any history of recent illness or injury/trauma to the lower back?
2. Sensation of numbness can be due to poor neuro-muscular co-ordination secondary to systemic illness. Is there is significant past history of systemic disease like Diabetes, Hypertension
, Thyroid disorder
, etc. ?
3. Any recent history of Stress, improper nutrition & lack of sleep?
4. Habit of smoking or alcohol consumption?
5. History of prolonged intake of any medication?
If your answer to the above mentioned questions is NO, then the symptoms can be attributed to:
1. Entrapment of nerve fibers at the Lumbosacral region- sensation of numbness associated with maintaining certain postures (like leaning forward) can be explained on the basis of it.
2. Inadequate hydration status & electrolyte imbalance
of the body, or
3. Dietary deficiencies of certain nutrients like Iron, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B 12, Folic acid, etc. which help in blood formation & nerve conduction.
Symptomatic relief can be obtained by intake of nervigenic agents (like Vitamin B6, Vitamin B 12, Folic acid) as well as multivitamin & multimineral supplements including iron, calcium & Vitamin D needs to be added in your diet.
& postural exercise will also be helpful.
If symptoms still persist, kindly consult a Neurologist
& get a complete Neurological examination done.
Certain basic investigations like complete blood count
, serum electrolyte estimation, fresh estimation of blood pressure & blood sugar levels, lipid profile
& nerve conduction studies will be helpful to rule out any pathological cause for the symptoms.
X ray & MRI of Lumbosacral spine can also be carried out to detect any nerve entrapment.
There is no need to worry, you will be fine.
Till then, maintain adequate hydration & proper nutrition status and avoid stress.
Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.