What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
I m 24 years old and my height is 5ft8inch. I have doubt on my penis size and testicle in flaccid state it is 2.5inch and in erect state it is nearly 5.9inches .
is it a good size to satisfy a girl i have read somewhere that a girls vagina is only 3 inches sensitive so size doesnt matter is it true?
I have a small testicle and i afraid that i might run a low testosterone but i havent checked yet i ve attached a photo plz may have look clear my doubt please.What is phalloplasty surgery should i go for that?
I am Dr Vaishalee Punj an associate of Dr XXXXXXX and I will answer on her behalf.
I have seen the images sent by you. There seems to be some difference in the size of the testicles. It is usually normal. It can be caused by hormonal disturbances too. To rule out organic causes, it is important to run some investigations. The investigations may include blood tests like testosterone levels, gonadotropin levels, prolactin levels, thyroid function, etc. Testicular ultrasound may also be advised after physical examination by your physician.
Phalloplasty is usually employed to reconstruct penis in case of absent penis or damaged penis. In other conditions, the use of this surgical procedure is questionable as it can have side-effects.
As concerns the surgery, I do not think that you need it. 5.9 inch in erect state is good enough to satisfy a girl. The outcome is better if done with adequate foreplay. There are specific postures that provide more sexual satisfaction to a woman.
Hope I addressed your concerns.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee Punj
I would like to know that what is the main reason that my penis as well as my testicle havent grown ?
Is testosterone make penis or testicle bigger?
gonadotropin levels, prolactin levels, thyroid function, Testicular ultrasound what are these please give details description.
What is hormonal distubance its cause and effect on body?
For one thing, fertility does not depend on penis size.
Sperm production depends on the action of estrogen and testosterone, while the penis develops as a result of action of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Boys with low DHT during puberty may not develop a full sized penis.
Unequal testes size is usually considered normal. If the doctor suspects pathology, he may advise ultrasound of testes.
Gonadotropin , Prolactin and thyroid hormones are hormones produced by other higher glands in the body. These affect the production of male hormones. These investigations are advised only if the doctor feels the need to. The mechanism of hormonal control in the body is complex.
In your case, I do not see a reason to worry about sexual function. With some sexual counselling you will achieve adequate sexual function.
Hope I answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee Punj
The blood dihydrotestosterone levels will determine the cause. It can be genetic too. Genes can affect male hormone levels as well. The regulation of hormones can be complicated and is determined by many factors including genes.
There is a relative unimportance of penis size for sexual pleasure and function. One reason is that sensory nerves are present only on the outer part of vagina.
It is better to stay away from medicines and artificial devices promoted for increasing penis size. Again I will emphasize that you are a normal male. To clear your doubts, you may get investigated.
Dr Vaishalee Punj
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Penis hard even in flaccid state
- Flaccid penis shrinkage with age
- Penis hard in flaccid state pain
- Penis size is 3 inches when flaccid is this normal
- Poor erection flaccid penis eager to urinate
- Penis is harder than normal when flaccid
- Benzocaine flaccid penis
- What is flaccid glans penis
- Penis size 21 in flaccid and 51 in erect normal
- Normal flaccid uncircumcised penis
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...