What is the normal heart rate?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 10 Jun 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: What is a good heart rate for a 67 year old female
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
70+/-5beats per minute

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

A heart rate of 65-75beats per minute for a 67years old woman is normal during resting. This can increase significantly during exercise, eating, anxiety, etc. Are there any concerns about your heart rate? If any, please share with us.

Heart rate is a number but its full interpretation looks beyond that. We often want to know whether it is regular or not, starts from the pacemaker or not, etc. If you would want a full interpretation of your heart rate, then you may want a doctor to evaluate this for you.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarification if need be.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad