What is the normal blood pressure for 62 years old?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: What should be the ideal blood pressure at age of 62 (male)?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 23 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query. I have gone through your medical history.

Normal blood pressure is Systolic 110-120 mm Hg & Diastolic 70-80 mm Hg in a healthy individual.
In your age group, normal systolic blood pressure will be 121-147 mm Hg (average 134) & normal diastolic BP would be 83-91 (average 87).

Please consult with your physician about proper medication & suggestive measures to control them if they are high.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish your good health.
Dr Soumen.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad