What is the necessary measures to be taken to rule out ectopic pregnancy?
precautions advised, ultrasound after 10 days
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Take a note of the following points -
- have a good rest with no exertion at all
- avoid intercourse
- take ample amount of water
- take good amount of milk and green leafy vegetables
- almonds and walnuts are very good and should be taken on daily basis
- avoid any kind of stress
Also I would like to know about the medicines you are taking right now so that I can advise you addition in case needed.
In my opinion your pregnancy is intrauterine only as the bHCG doubling is good.
Still to be double sure get an ultrasound after 10 days and see for the site of pregnancy.
No need to indulge in any exercise routine at least till 16 weeks of pregnancy as you have a bad obstetric history so extra rest is needed to sustain it.
All the best
micronised progesterone advised
Most welcome dear.
Keep taking these medicines as you are taking and also take micronised progesterone like susten or gestone in dose of 200 mg twice a day till pregnancy is detected in ultrasound.
Repeat bHCG levels are being done to see the doubling time which will help in determining the site and viability of the pregnancy.
Most probably this will be the last time it will be tested.
Main point is rest so take as much of it as possible.
All the best.
You are most welcome dear.
Yes nicely doubling bhcg levels signify healthy pregnancy but chances of miscarriage are still there as per your previous bad history.
You need not to avoid anything in foodstuffs but definitely rest is of paramount importance.
A gestational sac can be seen easily on transvaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks and cardiac activity by 7 week of gestation.
I wish you best of health and hope that you are blessed with a healthy baby soon.
nothing to worry now
Hello dear, glad to read the ultrasound report.
Everything seems normal and nothing to worry especially when the pain has subsided and taking susten tablets too.
Get a repeat scan after 2 weeks to confirm the cardiac activity in baby and thus a nicely growing pregnancy.
Wish you all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ectopic pregnancy hypothyroid
- What are my chances of having an ectopic pregnancy again
- What is the recurrence risk of ectopic pregnancy
- Ectopic pregnancy and blood in stool
- Ectopic pregnancy burning stomach
- Pregnant what test should be taken to check ectopic pregnancy
- What possible diagnosis would be given in ectopic pregnancy
- What are the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy?
- Ectopic pregnancy due to ipill
- What are the signs of ectopic pregnancy