Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

What is the name of the procedure in which they make a small incision and insert a rod into the spine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
thanksgiving day there was program on the doctors show about back spinal surgery, that don't require intense surgery. It was a new procedure on the lower back where they make a small incision about 1" long ,and insert a small rod into the spine and remove a small piece of the bone and then put another small rod into the spine and remove a piece of soft skin like material. It restores blood flow to the affected area and stops the pain. I would like to know the name of this procedure. THANK YOU
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case, These are endoscopic spine surgery.These surgeries are done with help of endoscope and microscope with screen. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. If you are satisfied with answer do not forget to give rating to this answer. Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor