What is the medical definition of a shunt?
Shunt means connection between two tubes.
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
Shunts are bypassing channels or connections between two tubes... for example you have these two pipes of water but you take a small 3rd pipe and connect them both making shape of letter ' H ' this is called a shunt.
In liver their are different kinds of tubes there must be unusual connections found between any of them making a mass of conections of shunts this was found on MRI and a mass of benign shunts..Benign means not a cancer and you don't have to worry.
I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is a interatrial shunt
- Occ medical definition urinalysis
- Drugs/medication for Pulmonary shunt
- What is ventriculoperitoneal shunt
- Drugs/medication for Shunt dysfunction
- Drugs/medication for shunt infection
- Me ecg cbp1 definition medical test
- Head shunt medical problems
- Vdrl test with non reactive medical definition
- Medical shunt in head