What is the maximum dose of bendorfluozide that can be taken safely?

Posted on Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: What is the maximum dose of bendorfluozide I can take, I was on 5mg now have been recommended to take 10mg is this safe
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: the dose range is 2.5 mg to 10 mg, so you can use Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Bendrofluazide is a diuretic belonging to a class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. Because uncontrolled blood pressure can sometimes be related to excess blood volume, the use of diuretics to reduce this volume is thought to help control the blood pressure. The dose range for bendrofluazide is 2.5 mg to 10 mg daily so you can go up to 10mg. In some persons there is no increase in the anti hypertensive effect when the dose is increased to 10 mg but this response varies from person to person. The increased dose would mean increased fluid loss and may possibly , in some person, cause some electrolyte disturbance such as low potassium. Your doctor will likely perform blood tests at intervals to ensure that the levels remain normal. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James