Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

What is the mass in in left upper thigh?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 959 Questions
I went to the doctor yesterday and they said that the mass in my left upper thigh is a lipoma, nothing to worry about. lipomas are suppose to be soft ans doughy to the touch and move around easily. mine is hard, oblong shaped, and doesn't move to the touch, and is painless. I can't help but question the doctor on their diagnosis and I was wondering if I should visit a different doctor or if you could tell me what the mass in my leg is just from what's been said and the attached picture. it is also more that 5cm in diameter. I dis get an ultrasound done on my leg and they said it's negative for cancer but something just doesn't add up to me
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: ask your doc to order a FNAC Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, That is lipoma to me. you need not be worried about that. If you still want 100% diagnosis, ask your doc to order a FNAC. It will tell what your swelling is. All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor