What is the lifespan when having dilated cardiomyopathy?
Dependence on the maintenance
Thanks for your query.
The conditions you were diagnosed though affect the life span can be reversed to some extent. On an average with good maintenance via regular checkups and medications a person can live around 15 to 20 years. Any condition which aggravates the cardiac dysfunction or worsens the cardiomyopathy like infections especially in the lungs can reduce the life expectancy.
Have you got checked recently, if yes please do share the report with me. I shall opine on the prognosis of your condition based on the same.
Waiting for your response,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hypernatremia in dilated cardiomyopathy
- What pranayama is good for people with dilated cardiomyopathy
- Keloids and dilated cardiomyopathy
- Marijuana use with a dilated cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy and mono
- Dilated cardiomyopathy patients diet
- Dilated cardiomyopathy pins and needles
- Dilated cardiomyopathy treatment
- Jaundice dilated cardiomyopathy
- What precautions to take when you have dilated cardiomyopathy
- Suffer from hypertension and weakness. Does meth use cause thyroid problem?
- What is the effect of steroids on the heart during puberty in boys?
- Having psychological problems. Taking therapy. Any advice?
- Body feels shaky. What is the cause and how to control this?
- Experiencing a periodic mild numbness in arm. Family history of MS. Any...
- Medicine for G6PD patient with fever?
- Having pain and pressure in eye with headache. Sinus MRI normal. What...
- Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication?
- Have small penis. Will penomet penis enlargement pump work to enlarge it?
- Found high BP readings on home monitors. Any thoughts?