What is the life expectancy of someone with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy?
Could you, please, attach the reports of your previous echo(s) and stress test, and if available BNP or NT proBNP results. Also I would like to know if you have any complaints, such as breathlessness at rest and on physical exertion, episodes of loss of consciousness, etc, and symptoms such as ankle swelling.
I just went to the Dr. Office to see if I could get my copies. Initially they said I could come pick it up and nowvi have to wait 7 to 10 days to get them mailed. I will let you see them or tax them when they come in.
Also I'm taking Metoprolol 25 mg once a day sinc October. The previous 2 years I was taking carvedilol atorvostatin amlodopine omeprozol and lisinopril. I stopped taking atorvostatin after 8 months omeprozol. I took the other 3 until it started making me hypotensive. They took me off the amlodopine in May of 2016 after a hospital visit. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Metoprolol or Carvedilol are a mandatory medications for heart failure or obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. If you have your reports, you can attach and I will have a look, to see how I can help you.
I case of congestive heart failure, one should have complaints of beathlessness along with echo findings, such as low heart muscle contractility or advanced grade diastolic dysfunction and high levels of NT-proBNP or BNP in the blood. Patients with CHF may have ankle swelling and/or rales in the lung as well.
In case of obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy there is a severe thickening of interventricular septum on echo along with high gradient at rest or on exertion. If there is a suspect of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy genetic testing should be performed.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in a baby
- Chantix use in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Dos donts hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- What is treatment for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy roller coasters
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and flushed cheeks
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and newborn
- What aggravates hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Champix hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Diaphoresis hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- What does borderline right axis deviation and anteroseptal infarct...
- Should i stop Diltiazem inspite of its side effects?
- What does my NMR test report mean?
- Can gout cause high blood pressure?
- What causes fuzzy feeling in head with high heart rate and low BP?
- What causes muscle cramps in legs inspite of having metoprolol?
- Suggest treatment for left atrial enlargement
- Does myocardial stunning and hibernation cause harm to one's heart?
- Suggest treatment for high blood pressure with history of heart attack
- Suggest remedy for pain in chest