What is the life expectancy of patient after double lung transplantation?
Good risk to benefit ratio. Lets hope for the best
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. In advanced stage lung diseases, lung transplantation is inevitable. It has a good risk to benefit ratio and minimum of 2 years of survival chances.He will need lifelong immunosuppressant therapy. As it is an immunosuppressed state after transplant, infection like HIV, CMV , hepatitis or any other respiratory infection etc may limit the survival. All you can do is to wait and see as recovery takes time and with age of 57 it is difficult to achieve early. Keep supporting them and hope for the best.
I hope it helps. Take good care of your friend and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Multiple myeloma life expectancy after stem cell transplant
- What is the life expectancy in lung cancer
- Life expectancy after double bypass
- Have fsgn transplant failed on dialysis life expectancy
- Liver failure life expectancy without transplant
- Double bypass life expectancy
- Iga after transplantation life expectancy
- How s life after transplant
- What is the life expectancy after paratoidectomy
- Life expectancy of ovarian cancer patient with fluid on the lungs