What is the life expectancy for someone with progressive dementia?

Dr. Eni

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Mental Health
Question: My wife has progressive dementia at age 92. What is the usual longevity?
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It depends on the start age.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Patient,

Welcome and thank you for posting your question here.

Live duration after the diagnose of Progresive Dementia may vary on the age when the first symptom manifested.
People diagnosed on their 50 have prooved to live even 25 years after, with medication.

People diagnosed after 70 live much less for many different factors.

Life duration varies 1-8 years. For sure, it depends on the person, the comorbidity and external factors.

If you have more question, feel free to post them.

I wish you good luck,
Dr. Eni
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T