What is the life expectancy after a silent heart attack post CABG?

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Fri, 28 Aug 2015 in General Health
Question: What is survival like for a person who is now 71 who had a triple bypass 4 years ago following a silent heart attack?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No Need to worry

Detailed Answer:
I understand your query. But to assess prognostic factors, current heart status should be know. Since you report to have silent heart attack now, I would have suggested an angiogram to know the exact status.
However, I would say that if you are on medications, I suggest you really need not worry.
Keep taking the medicines. Best of luck,
Dr Mittal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Heart attack was 4 years ago sfter which a angiogram was done and there were blocked arteries . So a bypass was done .

Person also has mild copd
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No worries

Detailed Answer:
A Bypass means that its almost normal arteries inside.
so I will suggest not to worry.
Just keep up with the meds.
Best of luck