What is the intensity of pain after a gingivectomy?
As the tissue gets tougher, pain reduces.
I have gone through your query.
Your teeth and gums will probably be a little sore afterwards the procedure. The pain can last for up to a week but it is very rarely hard to deal with. Most patients comment that it is annoying more than painful.
The physical rubbing of the brackets and wires can cause braces pain in the soft tissue inside the mouth. This type of braces pain usually lessens with time, as the tissues become tougher. Sometimes one of the arch wires can cause braces pain by poking into the back of the mouth, but orthodontic wax can usually relieve this.
This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.
I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain and swelling after gingivectomy
- Throat infection after gingivectomy
- Disadvantages of gingivectomy
- White gums after gingivectomy
- My gums hurt after gingivectomy
- Drinking alcohol after gingivectomy
- Gingivectomy causing dark gums
- Burning sensation in tongue after gingivectomy
- White pus after gingivectomy
- Smoke weed after gingivectomy