What is the incubation period for viral meningitis?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: What is the incubation period for viral meningitis?
Answered by Dr. Dariush Saghafi 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Few 3-7 days

Detailed Answer:

Good day to you. My name is Dr. Saghafi and I would like to answer your question on viral meningitis.

The incubation period for viral meningitis which is the most common form of meningitis we see is anywhere from 3-7 days.

There are some viral forms which have been known to incubate for as long as several weeks but that's rather unusual. What I see mostly in cases I've treated is about a 5 day period before patients become clinically apparent.

I hope whoever you may be asking about feels better quickly. Please feel free to ask any other questions that I can help you on. Cheers!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T